To solve various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool :
This software will fix common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure, and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Troubleshoot your PC and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
1. Download the Restore PC Repair Tool included with the Patented Technology (patent is here).
2. Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that may be causing PC problems.
3. Click Fix All to resolve issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
HP Deskjet users report problems with startup errors on Windows 10. That is, at every startup, they see that there is a problem with starting the HP Deskjet. This usually indicates an old printer that is no longer in use, but is still in the registry and related programs are still starting in the system.
Not sure if I’m in the right place, but every time I turn on the computer I’ll get this error message: There was a problem starting C: Program FilesHPHP Deskjet 2540 seriesbinHPStatusBL.dll. The specified module could not be found. It’s from an old printer I got rid of, but I can’t get rid of any errors I’ve tried. Why is it still there and how do I remove it? Any help is appreciated!
Follow the steps below to fix the error forever.
Disable the program from the start :
1. Right-click on the Taskbar and open Task Manager.
2. Select the Getting Started tab.
3. Find the relevant HP Deskjet startup entry and disable it.
4. Alternatively, you can right click on the entry and Open file location.
5. From there, you can delete the specified files, if you have administrative permissions.
Read Also : HP Printer Drivers
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
- If an error occurs and affects your current HP Deskjet Printer, download the HP Print Doctor and Scan utility, here.
- Run the utility and select the affected printer model you have.
- If the troubleshooter doesn’t help, uninstall all related apps, unplug the printer and reboot your PC.
- Navigate to Printer Management. Press Windows Key + R and type printmanagement.msc . Press enter.
- Find your printer and delete it.
Connect your HP printer and reinstall the driver.
- Check for repairs.
Delete related files left from old printer
- Even after unplugging the printer, printer traces and drives are still on the system. So, in the Windows Search bar, tap Print Management, and open Print Management.
Expand the Print Servers section.
- Expand your local print server.
- Open Drivers in the left pane.
- Right-click on the old printer causing the error in the right pane and select Remove driver package.
- Restart your PC and the problem should be solved.